PURPOSE, VALUES, CULTURE
Passion – We firmly believe that people either have this or they don’t. It’s not something you can train. Everyone at DealTrak needs to have it by the shovel full. It’s key to our success in the future. Never stop giving 100%.
Trust – We don’t subscribe to the notion of ‘command and control’, where managers have to know everything that is going on, or they feel a lack of power. So, we trust everyone at DealTrak to do the very best job and we provide the support structures to help people give their best.
Integrity – When we do something it is because it is the right thing to do. Our goodwill and trust builds relationships with our clients and partners & is extremely important.
Autonomy – Self-direction is a natural inclination and here at DealTrak we want to employ really good people and then let them get on with their jobs. So we trust people, we don’t look over people’s shoulders and we measure people on what they achieve as long as it is in line with our values.
Mastery – We want to get better at doing things. So personal development opportunities play a big part in our commitment to you. We create a learning environment and allow self-expression to be at the fore.
Purpose – People who find purpose in their work unlock the highest levels of motivation. A sense of belonging to something is a vital part of what we stand for. We want to create the environment that allows you to fully commit to our goals because you think they are worthwhile and valuable to you.
The SCRUM Master will own the development delivery process to ensure an efficient and consistent delivery of product features, and act as a coach for the delivery teams.
Accountabilities and main duties
- Be an evangelist for SCRUM ways of working always looking to identify opportunities and implement changes to improve team productivity
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to enable the delivery of consistent, frequent and high quality product features
- Aligning to the values of Purpose, Mastery and Autonomy providing guidance to the team on how to get the most from self-organisation
- Coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Facilitating getting the work done
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Facilitation and chairing of relevant collaboration meetings (e.g. stand ups| retrospectives| estimation meetings)
- Support the Product Owner by effectively managing the product backlog, communicating the ‘wish list’ to the development teams, arranging and optimising the product backlog and communicating the estimated delivery estimates to manage expectations
- Responsible for negotiating priorities and expectations with the Product Owner to ensure that a realistic roadmap is agreed and delivered against
- Ensure that items on the product roadmap can be translated into tangible goals and tasks for the development teams to deliver
- Stakeholder management at all levels within the organisation (management| sales| developers| client services)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Significant experience of working in a SCRUM Master role
- Excellent knowledge of and exposure to SCRUM and Agile ways of working
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Strong technical understanding and the ability to translate ‘jargon’ from technical to business understanding and vice versa
- Problem Solving and Decision Making at both an individual and organisational level
- Planning and organising tasks at both an individual and organisational level
- Communicating – the ability to communicate with impact (i.e. with the team/stakeholders/external organisations)
- Collaborating for Success – ability to work and collaborate effectively within a team and with other people
- Leadership – leading the performance of SCRUM development teams
- Professional Expertise: Understands and can speak to all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Agile)
- Achieving Excellence – high quality output and adherence to standards
- Can work autonomously with little management or guidance
- Able to mentor and coach team members
- 21 days holiday + Christmas break + bank holidays (increasing to 25 with Length of service)
- Contributory pension
- Company profit related bonus scheme
- Outstanding working environment
- Group life assurance policy
- Office perks – Free tea/coffee/fruit/sweets