PURPOSE, VALUES, CULTURE
Passion – We firmly believe that people either have this or they don’t. It’s not something you can train. Everyone at DealTrak needs to have it by the shovel full. It’s key to our success in the future. Never stop giving 100%.
Trust – We don’t subscribe to the notion of ‘command and control’, where managers have to know everything that is going on, or they feel a lack of power. So, we trust everyone at DealTrak to do the very best job and we provide the support structures to help people give their best.
Integrity – When we do something it is because it is the right thing to do. Our goodwill and trust builds relationships with our clients and partners & is extremely important.
Autonomy – Self-direction is a natural inclination and here at DealTrak we want to employ really good people and then let them get on with their jobs. So we trust people, we don’t look over people’s shoulders and we measure people on what they achieve as long as it is in line with our values.
Mastery – We want to get better at doing things. So personal development opportunities play a big part in our commitment to you. We create a learning environment and allow self-expression to be at the fore.
Purpose – People who find purpose in their work unlock the highest levels of motivation. A sense of belonging to something is a vital part of what we stand for. We want to create the environment that allows you to fully commit to our goals because you think they are worthwhile and valuable to you.
The Product Manager will own the vision and roadmap for the DealTrak platform, ensuring that all projects and initiatives are understood, prioritised and delivered.
Accountabilities and main duties
- Take overall responsibility for the success of the DealTrak platform
- Responsible for identifying customer needs
- Responsible for establishing priority of features and requests in the backlog to ensure streamlined execution of program priorities whilst maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components
- Creation of the platform vision and roadmap ensuring that these are matched to the over-arching company vision and strategic objectives
- Ensure that items on the product roadmap can be translated into tangible goals for the development Agile teams to be able to deliver against
- Stakeholder management at all levels within the organisation (management| sales| developers| client services)
- Creation of marketing, training and other materials that support the success of the platform
- Meet external stakeholders to help market the platform as well as gather feedback/suggestions (i.e. attend service reviews/ attend industry conferences)
- Maintain a good understanding and awareness of competitor products and services
Be an evangelist for Agile| SCRUM ways of working always looking for opportunities to improve how we develop a high quality product
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Significant experience of working in a product owner | manager role
- Excellent knowledge of and exposure to SCRUM and Agile ways of working
- Strong technical understanding and the ability to translate ‘jargon’ from technical to business understanding and vice versa
- Problem Solving and Decision Making at both an individual and organisational level
- Planning and organising tasks at both an individual and organisational level
- Communicating – the ability to communicate with impact (i.e. with the team/stakeholders/external organisations)
- Collaborating for Success – ability to work and collaborate effectively within a team and with other people
- Leadership – leading the performance of SCRUM development teams
- Professional Expertise: Understands and can speak to all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Agile)
- Achieving Excellence – high quality output and adherence to standards
- Can work autonomously with little management or guidance
Able to mentor and coach team members
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing to 25 with Length of service)
- Contributory pension
- Company profit related bonus scheme
- Outstanding working environment
- Group life assurance policy
- Office perks – Free tea/coffee/fruit/sweets